Slat Only Measure
Slat only measure will include the length of the vertical blind fabric only as it lays on a flat surface. Measuring the width of the slat this would normally be 89mm, the most common size by far and the size we offer most of our fabrics in.
When ordering ensure your selected fabric is the correct width. (Measure to the nearest Cm and then deduct 1cm to the height and width) ** Please Do Not Deduct Anything**
No Slat available: Please see below.
· Measure the size required at your window
· Measure from the truck opening down to where you want, you’re slat to end.
· Slat should finish approximately 13mm above any obstruction such as a sill or radiator.
Count and calculate the number of slats – Required –
- Count existing Slats or number of trucks on your head rail
- To order Type in the total of quantity required.
Tools You Need To Measure Vertical Blinds
A steel measuring tape
A pencil to mark and write your measurements
A worksheet to record your findings
A ladder (if necessary) for tall windows
Here are some tips to help you come up with an accurate measurement:
Do not mix up the height and width measurements when writing them down because interchanging them may result in a blind that doesn’t fit
If you are measuring for more than one window, don’t assume they are the same. Go round each of them and record their individual measurements. Slight variations you may encounter can make a huge difference in how the blinds fit.
- Measure the exact size of the area you would like the blind to overlap. To minimize light leakage we recommend that the blind overlaps the window recess by at least 70mm at the top and 50mm each side.
- The overlap at the bottom of the blind is a matter of personal choice but please take into account obstacles such as radiators.
- Use a metal tape measure as cloth ones can stretch and bend therefore potentially giving you inaccurate measurements.